Wednesday 12 February 2014

Wide Mouth Zipper Pouch

As usual I'm late to the party.  But at last I've made my first  wide mouth zipper pouch.  I've yet to sew the cover on the end of the zipper but I wanted to photo it and get it on here.  To be homest they are not the greatest photos ever taken what with the British weather an all but concentrate on the content rather than the style!

I really loved making this little pouch and have some thoughts to share:

First up I have to say it is really easy to put together.  It's my first go at boxy corners and they are slightly uneven.  It was getting late and I have to admit to rushing them.

I used and iron on fleece interfacing on the lining which in hindsight was overkill so I will go with a lighter but stiffer one next time.

Lastly I was Mick Mc|Mannus with the zip.  In my head, when I was very good and read all the instructions, I knew which way to manoever the zip but in practice I still did it the wrong way round and had to unpick a  bit.  Still next time I'll know.  Oh, and I just remembered I think on the 10" pounch I will use a 12" zip and sew the cover on first.

Here's the photees ...







I'm off to make another one now.  Hope you had a good day.  Mine was full of dentists and the A12 in the rain.

2 comments:

  1. It looks really good. I hope your other half didn't make any jokes about wide mouth zippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom. You don't see many of those around here do you!

    ReplyDelete